No Show Fee Policy
“No Show” shall mean any client who fails to arrive for a scheduled appointment. “Same Day Cancellation” shall mean any client who cancels an appointment less than 24 hours before their scheduled appointment.
It is the policy of the practice to monitor and manage appointment no-shows and late cancellations. The goal of Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital is to provide excellent care to each patient in a timely manner. If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, clients are required to call or leave a message at least 24 hours before their appointment time. Notification allows the practice to better utilize appointments for other patients in need of prompt medical care.
I. A client is notified of the appointment “No-Show, Late, & Cancellation Policy” at the time of scheduling. This policy can and will be provided in writing to patients at their request.
II. Established clients:
- Appointment must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- In the event a patient arrives late as defined by “late arrival” to their appointment and cannot be seen by the doctor on the same day, they will be rescheduled for a future clinic visit, if available. If appointments are not yet available for their doctor, a reminder will be placed for the patient to call to make a future appointment once the schedule opens.
- In the event a client has incurred three (3) documented “no-shows” and/or “same-day cancellations,” the client may be subject to dismissal from Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital and will be unable to schedule any future appointments. The client’s chart is reviewed, and dismissals are determined by a doctor or practice manager only, no exceptions.
III. New patients:
- New client’s must pay a new client deposit fee of $20 per patient at the time of scheduling first office visit, this fee is applied to the client’s invoice, unless in the event of a no-show.
- Appointment must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment time.
- In the event of a no-show, new client deposit will be removed from credit of the account. Client will be required to provide payment once again but will be asked to pay for cost of examination fee of $64 per pet as repercussion of violating no-show policy prior. Once examination fee per pet has been paid, we will allow scheduling for another appointment.
- In the event a patient arrives late as defined by “late arrival” to their appointment, Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital reserves the right to request the owner to reschedule for a further date.
- In the event of three (3) documented “no-shows” or “same-day cancellations,” the patient may be subject to dismissal from Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital. The patient’s chart is reviewed, and dismissals are determined by a doctor or practice manager only, no exceptions, in accordance Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital guidelines.