At Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital, we aim to provide our clients with safe and reliable medications.
To receive a prescription medication, the pet must be a current patient at Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital and have been examined within one year. A valid veterinarian-client-patient relationship must be previously established and the prescription must be approved by the veterinarian. This is in accordance with the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Board.
Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital offers multiple ways for you to receive your pet’s medication:
- Prescriptions can be purchased directly from Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital and our online pharmacy, Covetrus. Please let us know if you need assistance in setting up an online account with the Covetrus site.
- Handwritten prescriptions can be provided at your request to submit to the pharmacy of your choice. Please request these at the time of your pet’s appointment. Requests for handwritten prescriptions outside of the appointment time have a $10.00 fee.
- We are also available to call in prescriptions to your local pharmacy (Walgreens, CVS, Rosewood, Walmart etc). Please double check to make sure that the prescription you are receiving from the pharmacy matches the one the veterinarian has prescribed and call if you have any concerns with your pet’s medications.
- Submit an online request for your pet’s medication from another pharmacy for the veterinarian to review. We are no longer accepting online pharmacy requests from Chewy Pharmacy or Alivet Pharmacy but you are welcome to submit a handwritten prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
The policy for picking up in-house prescriptions is listed below:
- Clients that call or walk-in for a prescription by 10 am can pick up prescriptions from 3-5pm that day.
- Clients that call or walk-in for a prescription after 10 am and prior to close of business can pick up prescriptions the next day after 10 am.
- Please plan accordingly when requesting medication and call ahead so we can better serve you and your pet. Walk-in requests for immediate refills are discouraged and will incur a $25 rush fee.
This policy is effective January 1st, 2023.